Blog Promotion Tools - Twitter

>> Friday, March 27, 2009


Now that I can't use Entrecard with my Today.com blogs, I am even more motivated to look at other ways of building traffic to my blogs.

So one of the things that I intend to do with this blog is to experiment with various tools, and write about what works and what doesn't.

Of course, just because something works - or doesn't - for me doesn't mean that it will do the same for others.... twitter seems to be a really good example of that.

I know a lot of people use Twitter to generate traffic to their blogs. Me, not so much. I did sign up ...and am slowly building a ~following~ (253 as of today) ... but tweeting my blog posts generally results in no more than 1, maybe 2 unique viewers. Hardly seems worth the effort.

I have on occasion tried participating in conversations, or just tweeting other ~stuff~ ...but honestly, it is not a format I particularly enjoy. The more people I follow, the less the tweets interest me.... it's just a flood of junk that is of little interest to me.

I do try to follow links to other people's blog posts - but even the tiny URL thing irks me... so much more info if I could actually see the link text.

So...I'm not fond of twitter on the whole... perhaps I'm doing it wrong?

2 comments:

  • Patricia Rockwell
     

    I don't quite get Twitter either, although I am on it. I try to tweet something every once in a while so the other birds in the neighborhood at least know I'm still in the nest.

  • Janet
     

    I have the same problem. I'd rather be working on my website and blog than Tweeting. TwitterFeed automatically sends your blog updates through your Twitter account, though, and I really like it.

Post a Comment

Blog Makeover by LadyJava Creations